Smappee EV Base
The Worlds Smartest Electric Vehicle Charging Solution for Businesses
Advantages of Charging with the EV Base
The Smappee EV Base provides a elegant, intelligent, and efficient solution for electric vehicle charging in business, fleet, parking, and dual output residential applications.
By installing the Smappee EV Base, users are able to enjoy the following features:
- Suitable for single-phase (2 x 3.7kW) and three-phase (2 x 22kW) applications
- Connects to Smappee online dashboard and smartphone app for monitoring and control
- Integrates with the Smappee Infinity system for smart charging and load limiting capabilities
- Capable of dynamic load balancing where multiple chargers are installed on the same supply
- Compatible with price based control associated with wholesale rate energy retailers (as of March 2021)
- Provides ambient lighting and visual charge status indication
Dual Charging for Both Single & Three-Phase Applications
The EV Base works with both single-phase and three-phase power. Including dual 3.7kW outputs for single-phase and dual 22kW outputs for three-phase.
Advanced Reporting via Smappee Online Dashboard & App
By installing a Smappee Infinity system, households and businesses can see the power they are consuming (and producing) in real-time, allowing for informed actions to be taken to reduce energy costs and optimise consumption of solar power.
The Smappee Infinity platform provides a plug and play power monitoring and smart control solution that can be installed quickly and easily by a qualified electrician.
- Monitor circuits and appliances via current clamps, Smappee Switch, or NILM
- Monitor gas, water, and other power meters via pulse output
- Control circuits and appliances manually and automatically via the smartphone app
- Use IoT integrations with other smart devices for a connected home or workspace
- Utilise smart EV charging technology to prioritise solar power and off-peak rates
Part of the Smappee Ecosystem
Gain Dynamic Load Balancing & Smart Charging by Adding the Infinity System
By integrating the EV Base with the Smappee Infinity energy management system users can take advantage of additional smart features including:
Dynamic Load Balancing
Adjusts the output across all chargers to protect from circuit overload or a maximum demand set-point.
Smart EV Charging
The smart charging function prioritises the use of excess solar power during the day and off-peak rates overnight. The output of the charger can even be controlled so that only excess solar power is used for charging.
Optimised Self-Sufficiency using Smart Monitoring & Control
Charge with Excess Solar Power During the Day & Off-Peak Rates Overnight
By integrating the EV Base with the Smappee Infinity energy management system users can take advantage of the smart charging function which prioritises the use of excess solar power during the day and off-peak rates overnight.
The output of the charger can even be controlled so that only excess solar power is used for charging.
Further to the smart charging function, the Smappee EV Base combined with the Infinity system will also provide the ability to automate charging based on wholesale electricity rates.
This feature will be available for use via the Vista Power Technologies price based control application due for release in March 2021.